Our people are our greatest asset and we constantly invest in the skills and knowledge of our employees through world class training and development.
If you wish to apply for a position, please send your CV to email@example.com
You can view our latest vacancies here:
Operations Manager, DP World Limassol
A world leader in marine and inland terminal operations, maritime services, logistics and related services, DP World employs over 37,000 people in more than 78 terminals across six continents.
DP World Limassol has won a 25-year concession for the exclusive right to operate the multipurpose terminal in the Port of Limassol, with activities including break-bulk, general cargo, ro-ro and the new passenger terminal.
We are seeking a results-focused and commercially-driven Operations Manager, to play a key role in the success of this significant business.
Developing a sound operations strategy, you will manage the planning and execution of port operations, and establish optimum resources to meet customer demands and contractual obligations. As well as leading the operations processes, managing the operations team and contractors, and building strong customer relationships at a senior level, you will promote and drive a safety culture throughout the organization and ensure compliance with health and safety policies.
Purpose and key objectives:
- Maintain the efficient and effective running of the business adding value to the customers by providing full, proactive, end-to-end operational expertise to the Company to ensure that customer contractual targets are met or exceeded and that their vessels, cargo and passengers are serviced as effectively and efficiently as possible and within budget;
- Manage employees, contractors, stevedores, visitors and processes, adhering to safety and operating policies and procedures to ensure the smooth running of operations and equipment on the terminal and meet customer and business requirements;
- Manage the operational resources to ensure the cost-efficient utilisation of labour and equipment to achieve optimum productivity and customer service;
- Manage and minimise labour costs associated with operational activities by cost effective control and utilisation of labour resources and contractors;
- Continually examine and review terminal operations with a view to recommending and implementing change to effect improvement and initiatives;
- Ensure that company health and safety targets are met and that zero tolerance for accidents is maintained;
- Ensure that employee relations are managed cooperatively without unnecessary confrontation;
- Develop and implement operational procedures and policies, and assist in the development and implementation of policies which have a company-wide impact;
Sound operations management experience gained within multi-purpose port operations is essential, good understanding of the shipping industry and logistics background will be preferred, combined with excellent financial and people management skills, and written and verbal proficiency in both Greek and English. An inspiring leader, you will also have the ability to negotiate complex agreements at a strategic level.
Further, the successful candidate will:
- Have commercial awareness of the Port industry;
- Be able to generate financial plans, forecasts and budgets;
- Effectively manage operational revenue and expenditure;
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of Multi-purpose Terminal Operations, utilizing appropriate technology;
- Show excellent leadership skills and the ability to motivate staff and develop team commitment, encouraging a performance culture that adds value;
- Encourage and seek opportunities to improve, innovate and implement changes to support the business;
- Have excellent interpersonal, influencing and communications skills;
- Have solid persuasion and negotiation skills with the ability to maintain strategic relationships;
- Have the ability to establish and clearly communicate best practice standards and practices in an industrial context;
- Have knowledge of best practice operational management business tools and techniques;
- Have effective systems skills including Terminal Operations Management systems, Microsoft Office, as well as report writing and analytical skills;
- Be calm and controlled in all situations, and effective problem-solving skills;
- Have demonstrable customer handing skills, as well as commercial and business acumen;
- Leverage knowledge to automate operational processes in order to maximize effectiveness;
- Extensive port operations experience, with 5 - 8 years' previous experience in managing operational/planning activities, preferably within a Multi-purpose terminal; Experience with general cargo, ro-ro, cruise and Oil and Gas activities, will be preferred;
- Track record of success in senior operational or commercial activities within the maritime industry;
- Experience in employee relations, legislation and working with trade unions;
- Clear experience at delivering high quality results in a port environment;
- Demonstrable experience of managing others efficiently and effectively to meet personal and business targets;
- Good business acumen, preferably with an understanding of the ports, stevedoring and logistics industries;
- A good current network within the industry;
Degree level qualification in a relevant maritime/ port operations/ shipping subject - Postgraduate in either MBA or Port Management Operations would be considered an advantage;
Please apply via the careers page of our website: http://web.dpworld.com/dpworldcareers.html or by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: 17 October 2018.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.